Our trip to Crater Lake and other towns in Oregon

Finally I have good wifi that downloaded my pictures.  I type my blog on my computer using pictures from my Canon camera, and my iPhone.  I have to wait for the pics to go from the phone to the cloud to the computer.  I know there is a faster way if I don't have good wifi, but I don't do that.

Today we are in Caldwell, Idaho.  Two days ago, or was it three?  I think three days ago we were at Crater Lake.
You can't tell right now because you see the edited, finished project.  I just imported my pictures from Photos.  They arrived all mixed up.  So, let's see what I can do.  I tried putting them in one at a time, but it throws in about 8 at once.  And I am trying out the washer/dryer for the second time today.  Our first time with us staying here.  The spinning cycle shakes the whole coach.
First picture of our trip

A few miles before you arrive at Crater Lake you find large fields.  I can't say meadows because the ground is pretty rocky.  There are signs posted all over saying yes to snow machining!  It looks like a great place to do that!



Here is my first view.  It was a beautiful day!  It's pretty huge!  And blue!






There is no shore line.  Usually when you see a lake it looks like it is on flat land for the most part with shores.  This one is in a steep crater.  It really looks different than other lakes.  Someday I'll go back and take the boat trip around.
Some of these pictures are looking straight down.


I thought these flowers were pretty interesting.  Almost reminds me of cotton flowers in Alaska



The side of the mountain reminds me of a place along a highway in Alaska



So Blue!

One of my favorite pics.  

If you are reading this far, here is a side note.  We are meeting all kinds of people in this park.  I should say while I'm typing this blog, Richard is meeting all kinds of people.  The Fifth Wheel to the right has Arizonans that spend summer in Alaska.  Richard just talked to someone from the Family Motor Coach Association.  We became members in August.  

Back to Crater Lake.  There were other cool things to see.
Pretty rocks.

Leinen is camouflaged.  lol 

Chipmunk

More wildlife.


This was a zoom which washed out the colors, but I thought the tree was still interesting.


The two above tree pictures are for my friends who want smell-o-vision.

Picnic spot!




We took a one mile trail.  A lot was uphill.  I was grateful for the dogs that pulled hard to get me up hill!  lol.

I like facts.

This truck has been places!


The red arrows are pointing to poles that were put there to show snowplows were the road was.  

A lodge!  
Oh dear, Many, Many pictures.  I'll make another post with the other pictures to be posted tomorrow.  I hope you enjoyed these pics, especially of Crater Lake.  








Comments

  1. Did you see the floating log of the lake? I hear that is a treat.

    Crater Lake has been on my bucket list for years. Unfortunately didn’t have the time last year. So I will have to enjoy it through your pics. 🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! The blue color of the water is just out of this world! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your pictures/meanderings!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get to Crater Lake. We tried to stop by on our honeymoon back in '93, but it was closed by the time we got to the entrance. They were still on winter hours in March and had 10 ft of snow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment