Cows and more spring flowers

   When Richard and I went to Walmart yesterday I saw new spring flowers along the roads, like this one.  From the car it looked like a patch of deep burgundy flowers.  At the time of this writing, my phone with the app to identify these has not uploaded these pictures.  Today’s photos were all taken with my Canon PowerShot SX30 IS.  

Here are the pups looking scruffy, needing a date at the spa.  They like it outside.  I don’t like it when Leinen decides to bark at a dog walking by.



    I had put this well loved, well worn shirt away.  It was starting to get holes.  It’s a Land’s End.  I had purchased it about 3 years ago from an on line used clothing store.  I decided to use it to make me a mask.  The pattern uses the sleeves.  I made it.  It is ok.  Richard laughed when I put it on.  I had it in my pocket when we went to Walmart.  You see, people are so sad and depressed at Walmart.  People talk about how quiet it is.  I didn’t wear the mask so I could smile and greet everyone.  I would say that 85% of the people over 65 years old did NOT have masks on.  Interesting.

Now for the Texas long-horned cattle!  

I just love the color varieties!  My love of cows started when I was a young girl.  My parents mentioned how I would always exclaim Moo Cow when I saw them.  I grew up on one acre in western PA in the country.  The wonderful, retired couple across the street always had 3-5 cows in their pasture.  I would go over, feed them apples, and talk to them.  
So excuse me as I take pictures and admire these.


Love the horns!  Love the baby.  Also, just noticed the lady of the house watching me take pictures. Lol


Would we call this cinnamon calico?


Best horns, yet.


The cattle had their photo op yesterday, today it was the bunny’s turn.  


Saw this on the first day.  Whoever built this ranch built hills around so one can’t look in. Then they added this horse statue.  


I had seen lots of white flowers out driving.  They look like wild strawberries to me.


Indian Paintbrush


There are fields and fields of them.  So pretty.  


I’m really happy how this picture turned out.


These are yellow iris, really!  The sun and the distance washed out the color.  They were too close to a house for me to walk up to them for closer pics.


Wild, white irises.



When I was done taking the white iris pictures, I turned around and snapped this.  The Texas Longhorns from earlier in my post were way back there.  I put in a blue circle to show you.


I think this is a fun picture.  What would prompt someone to put up a sign saying they don’t rent pigs.  Did someone randomly come by once trying to rent a pig?  Why would you want to rent a pig?  Why is the S backwards?  So many questions!


The trading post they are advertising has glorified Junque.  


Back home.  Richard is in the middle of a project.  


The rest of these pics are taken around our RV park.  This cul-du-sac is nice and shady.


I turned 180 degrees for this picture.  Our home is a little to the left of the center of the pic.


Yesterday I had stopped here.  I have chatted with the owner several times.  She is a year-round resident and works here.  


Do you remember the picture of the pansies from a previous post?  Well, they used to be here.  She had planted the pansies, a Texas winter flower, last November.  She had just pulled them and put in the zinnias.  


We talked a little further and I found out she watches over the spot where the tulips are.  She doesn’t get paid for that, but she is the only employee who cares.


She had pulled out the weeds, and added the turtles.



The last of the tulips.


Boo hoo.  


There is a boy in the center of the picture.  He had looked soooo bored.  He was walking and balancing along the boards on the Putt Putt course.  You could see him sigh.


This little flower looked so bright by itself.


I have no idea how I did this, but what a great shot!  Lol


Here is a pink iris that seemed to be top heavy.  There were many more buds on the plant.  I guess I’ll probably still be here when they open.  


Not much else to add.  Texas weather is so odd.  Today 72 degrees and sunny.  Tomorrow in the 50’s with 100% chance of 1 inch of rain.  A few days ago it was about 34 degrees with windchill.  A few days ago 92 degrees.  
Happy Easter everyone.  He is Risen!










Comments