Cactus flowers!

     Cactus flowers!!!!!  I’m so excited that this RV park has so many.  I have so many pictures that I’ve taken in the last 2 days, that I am dividing them up into two posts.  This one, of flowers, and the other one of mostly yard art.  There may be other things interspersed here and there, too.

I’ve started a trend of taking selfies of me with horses (or camels), real or not.

He’s eating my hat!



This park has a western, cowboy theme.  Roads are named after cowboys and cowboy actors.  This is the second metal horse.  



I would love to see this bloom.



Some of these blooms close up if it is a little cloudy, I think.


Is this a half note, or a flat?  How many people have pondered over this cactus?





I like to show the closeups, but I also like to show the whole plant.


The cactus garden.


I’m not sure, but it looks like this cactus’s flower turned into soft fluff.


Many cactus have a nest.  This one looks like it used some of that fluff.


I love the looks of this cactus.


The king of all cactus!  The flowers are amazing.  The first day to the day park I spotted a humming bird getting its fill of nectar.


Sunset.  

 In our RV park there are these “zen” gardens.  I don’t know what they are really called because zen garden they are not.  They are places in the park that are at a lower level to catch water during torrential rains.  Someone has raked or plowed circle in them like zen gardens.  The are also small patches of small rock on the sides with toy hydrants for doggies to us.

I came back from my photo shoot to find Richard once again repairing something I broke.


This time I drove to fields for sunset.





The next day.  I took this picture to show you where our coach is parked.  In the middle of a parking lot.  It gets hot here!  I was walking the dogs at 6:30AM and it was already getting hot.  This is the best time of day for their feet to walk them, so it is the longest walk of the day.  For the 2:00 walk I rush them to the car and we drive to the dog park.


There are so many bees hanging around these tall, majestic, beautiful saguaro.


I was thrilled to discover this one!  This is a cholla, which I find in abundance in the wild.  I had seen a lot blooming while we were on the road.


So pretty


Here’s a prickly pear.



The park is about 25% occupancy now.  Many have gone home for the summer.  How many have never seen the cactus in bloom?



I am trying to identify this tree.  The app keeps calling this a camphor tree.  I need to go back to it to crush a leaf to see if it smells like camphor.  The seed pods you see below don’t show up on my app as from the camphor tree, nor does the app show the flowers.
When I identify the seed pods I get Ormosia hosiei, or Horse-eye bean.  Time to google.

Anyway, the first thing that came to mind looking at the pods was music class.  Strung together these would make a great percussion instrument similar to one I had from Africa.  I do remember it was rather loud and I hid it from some classes.






Well, I googled both camphor tree and horse-eye bean.  Neither are close.  More research.  I hope you enjoyed this blog.  I had fun putting it together and taking the pictures.  I notice I don’t have any of the yellow flowers.  I need to get those pics tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!  Blessings and hugs.
If you found this on Facebook and liked it, please leave a comment.
Tomorrow, Yard Art, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.








Comments

  1. That half-note or flat cactus looks sharp either way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunset pics are getting pretty good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH...the expert of sunsets...lol... Nice job Bridgett...I enjoy all the flowers!

      Delete

Post a Comment