Catching Up

     Hello readers!  Thanks for all the comments on the last post.  However, I went from 116 viewers to 26.  I'll blame it on Facebook!  I am currently typing this in Leeds, UT.  We had a big change in altitude and temperature.  I am sitting in an air conditioned coach.  Well, I think the new name is going to stick.  Our coach's name is Big Lou.  Thank you, David Streeter.

Let's go back in time now and catch up on pictures.  I'm starting with the few I took in Sisters, OR.  We had to take our RV to a diesel truck repair place in Redmond.  They needed it all day.  If you want details on what they did you can go to Richard's blog at machida.blog.us to learn the technical problems.  It was a Freightliner company.  We couldn't allow the pets to stay in Big Lou, so they rode along with us in the car all day while we did errands. 


The first stop??? Yarn store in Bend!


The green and gray will become a cowl.  The multi-colored yarn will be come ?????

And we went to Pilot Butte to see the mountainous view.  mmmm smell the juniper!


We took the puppies to a dog park for some free running around.  We were the only ones there.  The BIG dog park next door had about 10 dogs.

     Around lunch time we found out they would need to order a part and install it the next day, but we could stay overnight at the shop.  So we drove 45 minutes back to the Thousand Trails campground to tell them that the tow dolly would be all that was staying at our campsite for the night. 

Then we went to Sisters, OR.  


 The Sinclair Dinosaur here was wearing sunglasses. 

 Trash cans in Sisters.

This is not a small pine tree farm.  We saw fields of marijuana. 



 Back to home sweet home for the night.  Right across the street was a pond full of ducks and geese. 



     I thought the hole in the tree was interesting.  I couldn't stay for long because as you can see, Artie was out to sniff things!     The yellow plant.  What is it?  I've seen it in the high desert all the way from Oregon to Utah. 

Saying goodbye to Bend.  Look at Richard's nachos!!!  Spent some very good times with friends here.


The pic on the left shows an onion field.  There are lots of onions out there waiting to be scooped up.


Driving, driving, driving.  We went about 8 hours to get south of snow and rain.  I was pretty crabby when we finally parked at a Walmart.  I didn't get any pics of Walmart, bur Richard probably did.  

Here are two of the mountains we could see.  I enlarged them to show what the orange was.  




I call this my Iron Cat.  If you haven't watched Ironman, you won't get it.

We stayed at a Harvest Host location in Utah one night.  It was the Red Barn.  It was a huge store with fresh apples, apple juice, ice cream, shakes, candy, flavored popcorn, toys, salsa, and just about whatever you would wish for.  They also were having a fall festival for the month.  We didn't go to that.  It would have only been fun with a grandchild.  
A Harvest Host is a business that allows you to park your RV for free overnight.  There are no hookups, no services.  It is an unspoken rule to support the business by purchasing from them.  We've stayed at about 3 museums, numerous wineries, and a few farms.  A great experience every visit.


The only downside was the field/parking lot we stayed on.  It hurt the doggie's feet.  Yes, we were this close to the highway, but the sounds didn't bother us.  


 These are what we purchased at the store.  You could smell the Apple Cider donuts baking all day long. 





I love this picture of frost on this leaf.  

More views of the same the next day.

We found a free city park on Boondockers app.  



The further south we go, the more beautiful the mountains.  




Let me tell you something about the ride.  I love my passenger chair, it is very comfortable.  The window is marvelous for taking pictures.  However, I have a black dog that is annoying.  Gray dog (Leinen) is usually behind Richard's easy chair, shivering.  You can see in the above pic where the cat usually parks, very content.  But Artie!  In my lap, on the floor, in my lap, turn around, lay down, sit up, on the floor, and on and on.  I finally got the water bottle out to keep him off.  Yes, the 2 dogs are taking something for their anxiety.


Now we are in Leeds, Utah.  Through those trees you can see red hills,  It is beautiful here!  

Here's the little set-up of my knick knacks to make it personal here.
Well, I'm going to stop this post.  I already have pics for the next one from the little town, Leeds.  

Thank you for reading and commenting!  Our son, Tim, comes in with Alyssa in just a few hours!











Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know why it replies with my old address, but this is Bridget writing.

      Delete
  2. what great scenery- looking forward to seeing what you create with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is Ginny I'm writing to. I have picked up the yarn and patterns several times, then put them down. I think I purchased the wrong quantity of the green and gray and may have to find a new pattern

      Delete
  3. So the dogs are still stressed eh? I was hoping they’d adapted to being in the coach’s vast confines vice their usual seat in the tow vehicle from your fifth wheel days. Going to get them shoes for the next rough terrain spot? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the sounds that are still making them nervous.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that! I'm glad some people are reading. Utah is amazing.

      Delete

Post a Comment