Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, AZ

     Way back on Nov 19, we went to the Air and Space Museum.  As we were leaving Richard said, “There wasn’t much space here.”  It was 80 degrees or so.  Haven’t seen it that warm since then. 
     We had a good time.  The pictures I took are ones you’d expect someone to take that really knows much about planes.  I did enjoy sending pics to my brother and having him say what they were.  He’s retired Air Force.  
     It is quite a place.  There are several large buildings with planes inside, as well as many planes outside.  There are mostly military planes, but there are a few domestic.


I like the planes that are different looking, are shaped oddly, have interesting pictures painted on them, or have good stories. If you see an orange shirt in a picture, it is probably Richard.

I like the cute painting this one for kids.

I tried to make this an interesting picture.


OshKosh?  I thought they just made cute overalls for toddlers.  



Russian uniform




I hope you can enlarge this and read it.  
To my friends who served in this war, thank you for your service.
Isn’t this cute??

There was a great display about women in aviation. I took this picture of men pushing empty prams.  This is a very friendly family place.  What I discovered was one of the carriages was for their dog.  This is also very dog friendly.  Lots of room for walking your dog.  Ok, don’t judge, maybe it is a very old dog.  I understand using one for a cat, but a dog....?

I have a good friend who was a nurse in the army, my neighbor was a helicopter pilot in the army.

I have a friend who raises chickens, lol.
We had gone on this day because it was advertised military vehicles would be there.  This was it.


The aural isn’t even military!  Lol.  Richard got to talk to the owner for a little bit.
You can see there is a lot of room out here for the big planes.

I was quite fascinated with this one.  Super Guppy. The picture doesn’t show how huge it is!  You could see the top towering over every plane in its area.

This is a flying gas station similar to the one my brother was a navigator for.

A Chinese plane.

BIG plane.

 I like the face.

There were a few rows of these little planes.

A Quail

This one is called Talon, my grandson’s name.
Back inside.  Here is a replica of, yes, you guessed it.

 And if you get bored of walking around, you could play one of these.

A few days after this visit we had a traveling days.  Here are the kids in their respective travel spots.
When the engine starts, the cat goes under a chair and stays there.

Lenient likes to go behind Richard’s chair.  He also considers this spot his “kennel”.  

Artie is waiting beside my chair, ready to jump into my lap.

Thanks for reading!  I’ll write more on Wednesday.  I’m catching up!!













   

Comments

  1. The RPOC is a Ural, ma'am, not an Aural....can't believe Richard didn't catch that...

    :)

    Nice set of pics though, I really liked that museum when I went through last year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment