Here I am at Day 9.

Day 9, Redding California, still.  84 degrees-nice!

We woke up early because the RV guy was coming to check out all the problems.  If you want to find out the technical details go to Richard's post.  Just type Richard Machida in google and you'll find it.
As it turns out, the guy was very, very friendly and helpful.  All we needed was some extra strength stuff to pour down the toilet to flush out old crap.  Yup, stuff that has been there for years.  All valves and tanks working correctly!  Yeah!  He was nice enough to drive to the store and buy the chemicals, and a strap for our awning.  He also fixed our fold out steps so they don't wobble, and showed Richard how to open the awning with the new strap!  He'll be back tomorrow morning to see how the flushed out tanks are doing.
If you are ever planning on going RVing, check YouTubes for help on how to set up and go.  Richard is also now a wealth of knowledge.
I've been working hard at eating less sweets and walking more.  I had a bone scan done and to slow down or stop the onset of osteoporosis (thank you, spell check) I need to take Vit D-which I do-and I need to walk at a fast pace every day.  Walking the dogs is not considered fast pace because they stop and sniff too much.  I found out that twice around the park is one mile.  Here are some things I see walking around the park
Green, my favorite color


Only one morning glory along the fence

I am really proud of this picture.  I didn't know the bug was there when I took the picture.

Do you see waaaaay up this hill our camper?

I just noticed this patch of flowers today

Kind of pretty


I was thinking how our camper isn't in the shade, in the trees.  But I noticed there is a tree right beside it.  You can see which way the shadow is.  It isn't much help

We got the awning open!

This isn't a very pretty looking bush, but I wanted to show it to tell you all that when we are walking this is everywhere.  I think it is honey suckle----mmmm, smells really, really good.
The above picture was taken when Richard and I walked to the store and back.  Around 4 miles total.  We went to pick up the batteries he forgot yesterday.  With our new indoor/outdoor thermometer we can tell how hot it is inside.  The highest today was 77 degrees.  
We got news back from the dealer and the mechanic.  The person Richard talked to said the mechanic seems to think it is more than just a leak, and wants to take out the transmission.  Oh Dear.  He is trying now to get answers on if we are here for a day or a week or a month.  It is supposed to be REALLY hot this weekend.  TOO HOT.
The rest of today was spent with Richard cooking stroganoff for dinner.  We then listened to Pastor Mark's sermon from our church in Fairbanks, and then watched Dr. Strange.  I almost felt guilty watching a mystic movie about powers after the sermon.  At least I know God's power is greater than man's imagination.  Dr. Strange was all about changing time.  God did that several times in the Bible.  Once again, another story of good vs. evil, and good wins.  I even saw Stan Lee's cameo appearance. I really liked the humor in the movie.  
Well, let's see what tomorrow brings.  Good night all.

Comments

  1. You have some really pretty flowers in the park. That will help perk up the scenery when the temperatures climb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and replying! Still here for a few more days. So close, and yet so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment