A little cooler. In the 60's instead of the 80's. Overnight.

Hello.  There hasn't been much happening in our lives besides visiting friends and family, which we enjoy doing.  After this stop we are on our own, no more visits, unless there is a blogger out there who wants to see us on the road. 
Currently Richard is installing the rear video camera that arrived at Mom's house yesterday.  I can be a little ADHD.  Or distracted, or abstract random.  Richard is now finished and most likely writing his blog about installing the camera while I was distracted into calling my son, texting my daughter-in-law, playing my fish game on my iPhone............
Let's add a picture.  These two were taken at Mom's house a few days ago.  The tree's leaves really look pink.  I didn't change the color or anything for this picture.  Fortunately, Mom's yard is fenced in, so the boys can run around and do businesses without a leash.  I think that Artie is very uncomfortable with that because he did big businesses yesterday on leash walking around the neighborhood.  Oh well. 
I've talked about the cold floor for the pups.  Well, we went to Good Will to find something cheap.  Came up with a fleece baby blanket with this lamb.  Artie claimed the lamb. It's one of those can be made into a pillow.  
 We had lunch on Friday with our friend, Brad.  Richard became friends with them through his motorcycle blog.  Probably anyone reading this knows Brad and Brandy if you linked here from Richard's blog.  They are vegans, which really helped looking for meal options.  We settled on a Vietnamese baguette place.  I had a tofu baguette with veggies like carrot and cilantro.  No mayo!  Didn't need it.  It was great.  Afterwards I ducked into this eclectic shop.  Einstein made out of wood, bird houses, a dinosaur dress, socks, and a $2,600.00 wood sculpture.




Brandy works in Salem.  We met her after work and went to Marco Polo.  Asian, Italian, and American restaurant with special gluten-free and Vegan menus.  This was my dish.  The brown rice was reddish in color with lots of flavor.  I should of had tofu instead of chicken.  The other 3 had ordered off of the vegan menu so they were given vegan cookies.  I ordered from the Chinese menu, so I got a fortune cookie! I'm eating leftovers from that dinner right now.

 Saturday morning we dropped the dogs off at Mom's and went to our niece's soccer game.  Go Naomi!  I do have to say, she was on of the best on the team.  I just got a note from Richard's sister, having Cuban Pork with quinoa pilaf.  Back to the blog.......Naomi likes playing goalie, but the coach was giving other girls a chance to play that position.  Most of the game she was defense.  She didn't see much action for the first half of the game.  In fact, her dad was working as referee for the side line in the first half of the game and he got more running in!  They were tied second half.  In the last few minutes the coach put Naomi in as offense and she got a goal!  The winning goal!  I think this is the first game they've won. 


 After the game we went to a Moroccan restaurant.  Hummus for me!  Richard needed to go to the hardware store.  On the way there was this toy store.  It is building the world's largest jig-saw puzzle.  They have 1/10th of it done.  Over 40,000 pieces!

 They advertise "Purchase your wine glass here" at the toy store.  I should have looked into that more.
I walked into the dog show they are having here at the RV park.  It was smaller than what I've seen in Fairbanks.  I couldn't take photos inside without looking conspicuous, but here are some Springer Spaniels, I think, walking outside.  This has been enlarged already.  There was 1-3 dogs of each breed in the rings.  Back when I showed dogs I was more into the obedience part.  We had Aussies before they were recognized by AKC.  We worked them in herding trials.  I had a short haired border collie tri colored.  Her name was Babe.  We loved working ducks and cattle.  Speaking of ducks, yesterday there was a duck/chicken show of some sorts.  I didn't get to see that.  There was a couple who had ducks.  At the beginning of the day they took them out of their truck and put them into a dog kennel.  That's how I usually transported ducks.  One got loose.  They needed a little aussie to round it up!  Last night the same thing happened!  They didn't try to catch it.  They ignored it and went into their trailer.  I last saw it waddling over to their truck where the other ducks were.  Birds of a feather flock together.  

Going to Richard's sister, Carole's house today.  Good food, maybe a walk somewhere, and a peek at her scrapbook albums.  I used to do that, too.  I even sold Creative Memories.  Maybe I'll go back to it in retirement.........see you all next time.

Comments

  1. Good catchup....it seems surprising to me that it's taken this long for Richard to put a camera in the back of the RV, I couldn't do it as easy without mine.

    Sounds like the visit with Brad and Brandy went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the contrast of your blog to Richard's! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment