Acorns keep falling on my head! But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red!

Here we are in Corvallis, Oregon.  I believe we are staying here for 8 days.  We are parked under oak trees that are dropping their acorns on the trailer and making Leinen and I jump out of our hides!
Let's go back to yesterday when we were still at Thousand Trails RV Park.  Here are some pics of the inside of our trailer.  This show the back end.  Richard's favorite chair at home was this glidder rocker.  He decided to take out the chair that came with the trailer and put this in instead.  There was one other chair we got rid of over a year ago to make room for the dog kennels.  Richard bought a new glidder rocker for home and the mis-matched glider stool is from that.  He also got the real nice little table to go between the chair and the dog kennels.  In the picture on the right you can see the dog's couch.  They sit there more than me.  I had the table beside the couch, but since Richard snatched it I have a pastic tub and box for my morning coffee. 


 The kitchen table is where I do most of my typing.  I still am more comfortable doing my blogging on my laptop.  Richard does his on his Chromebook or Ipad or something.  To the right is our media center.  The TV is strapped in when we move.  Richard usually puts You Tube videos on for us to watch.
 Why do I have a picture of the floor?  Well, this is about Artie and Leinen, right?  Richard took out the carpet this summer and put in this beautiful floor.  The dogs don't like it.  It's too cold.  I caught Artie the other day rushing in after his walk and standing by this register to keep warm.  Tomorrow or the next day I'm going to Good Will to find something cheap to make beds for them for the floor.  Currently Leinen is happy sitting under the table by me where there still is a patch of carpet.

Gray dog, gray dog what do you see?  I see a grey squirrel chattering at me.


Then the squirrel disappeared to the top of this tree.  Somewhere.  Reminds me of a poem I always did with the Kindergarten this time of year.  
Whiskey, Friskey, Hippity Hop,
Up he climbed to the treetop
Whirly, Curly, what a tail,
Tall as a feather, broad as a said.
Where is his supper?  In a shell.
Snapity, Crackity, Out it fell.
I wouldn't tell the kids what animal it was about, I would make them guess.  The picture on the right is a good pic of my shadow and the volcanic rocks making up most of the RV park and for miles and miles around.  That and very find brown dirt.  Dusty dirt.
The next pics are critters around the campsite, and the camper showing you how nice our spot was.
Can you see the deer fir in the pic above right?






 We had big gray squirrels and small brown squirrels.  There were also lots of chipmunks, but I couldn't get a picture of any.  There were about 5 brown squirrels in this area when I was taking the pictures and video.

Last night we said good bye to Ginny and Dave.  Visiting from Washington were her daughter, Kaylee, son-in-law Alex, and new baby Ellie.  Artie and Leinen were afraid of the cat.  Well, she did rule the house and hissed at them a lot.  She would also swat at them if they walked by. 

 Cough, cough, cough.  Time to leave!  Very smokey now in Bend.  We saw this start up as we were about 20 miles out of town, it wasn't what was making all the smoke, though.
The rest of the pictures were from the drive out.  It was an absolutely beautiful day!  What a great drive.  Once we saw about 5-6 cars go the other direction that were a little pack of Triumph TR6s and Spitfires from the 60's or 70's.  Then we were passed by a show room Plymouth (big pause as Richard looks it up) Prowler.  




 Artie was trying to get in my lap all day.  I finally let him the last hour.  And here is a beautiful tree in Mom's neighborhood in Corvallis, OR. 
Good night all!  Making plans to visit friends and family in the next several days.














Comments

  1. It looks like the movie isn't happening. Oh well, just imagine chattering squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you relate the sights and activities of the day....nice complement to Richard's related postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I should probably have let the coffee kick in first...but I glanced at the title and instead of seeing-processing the word Acorn, I processed it as the word Artie...Artie dropping on your head?! Talk about taking his fears to a new level. HAHA....the weather looks perfect for adventures such as yours. Glad you are able to slow down and enjoy each location a bit more this trip compared to your previous camping adventures. Happy Camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Martha! ha ha ha ha. Today at this RV campground, which is on the Benton County fairgrounds, there is a dog show. Takes me back to when I was involved in the stress of showing dogs. Thank goodness we are parked on the other side, so Leinen doesn't go ballistic barking when we step out.

      Delete
  4. Your campsite at TT was nice! And the travel pics are beautiful! I do love fall color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment