More central Oregon adventures.

Today is Tuesday.  It should be in the 70's later today.  My plans for the day:
1) catch up on my blog
2) when it gets warmer vacuum the truck and clean the windows inside and out.
3) try out the hot tub at the pool
4) do more crocheting and listening to my audiobook
5) get the trailer ready for road trip tomorrow when we go to Corvallis.

Let's see, last time I blogged it was Saturday morning?  Let's see, what was the big activity?  Oh yes!  Laundry!  Trying to get in more exercise I walked all the way to the office to get quarters and back to get laundry.  I walked to the laundromat and had to use the last washer available-the one in the corner with washers all around it.  While doing wash I was able to sit outside to crochet and listen to my audiobook.

That evening we were going to listen to our friend, Dave, play in his band.  Richard went ahead with Dave to help set up.  To catch my ride I had to walk again through the park.  This time I ran into the little herd of deer.  There has been some discussion on face book between me and my friends on what kind of deer these are.  My friends who live here swear they are white-tailed deer, but my other friends who don't live here say they are mule deer.  I tend to agree with mule deer because of their ears and because of how they were leaping through the brush as you can see in the videos below.  There were eight all together, hard to get them all in one shot.  They were watchful, but not overly afraid of me.







 Dave's gig was at a golf course called Juniper Tree Golf Course.  As I have said before, this part of Oregon is made up of volcanic rocks and debris.  The top left picture above shows large rocks used as borders for the walkway.  There was a nice sunset.  Somehow it doesn't look as good here as it did in Photos.  Need to tweek more, I guess.  I didn't do any tweeking in the picture below left because I really like how the yellow stands out.  If I took the pic again I would have the dead juniper tree more to the left in the pic, and maybe less sky.  The pic to the right is a true, living juniper tree.  If you followed my blog before you  know my fascination with junipers.  It is also my favorite essential oil.







 Here are a couple of pics of Dave and his band, "Mango Stew"  He is the drummer.  It was hard to get good pics because of the crowd and amps I had to get around.  Dave is one of the main singers.  He had throat cancer two years ago.  We praise God that he is able to sing again, even though his voice is a little different.  Such a talented, wonderful friend.


 Sunday morning we attended church at Dave and Ginny's church.  Afterward we went to 10 Barrell Brewing for lunch.  Years ago I would have been shocked at myself for even entering a Brewery.  Going there after church?  I'm sure Jesus would have done it, too.  Richard had Nachos with lots of stuff on them, I had an arugula salad.  It was yummy.  They put hard parmesan cheese on it, which wasn't listed in the menu.  Heavy sigh.  A piece accidentally jumped onto my flank steak.  Below is a bike repair station.  Pretty cool!
Artie is barking at me.  He has pulled out his blanket from the kennel, he is jumping on the couch woofing.  He wants to play, but I am determined to finish this first.  Now they are scratching at the door because Richard is outside working on something.  

Monday found us going to Pilot Butte Park, which is a bump in the middle of Bend.  
Pilot Butte is a lava dome that was created from an extinct volcano located in Bend, Oregon. It is a cinder cone butte which rises nearly 500 feet above the surrounding plains. Bend is one of four cities in the United States to have a volcano within its boundaries.  Wikipedia.
Image result for pilot buttePicture by Wikipedia.
From the top you get a nice panoramic view of Bend and mountains.  The picture on the left shows many volcanos, or cinder cones, or whatever they are called.  To me they were like bubbles across the landscape.  To the right is a plaque that is, of course, mounted into a lava rock.


 Thanks to Dom Chang, I have an app called Peak Finder.  I was able to take a picture of distant mountains with their names.  Cool!  I think the mountain on the far right without a label is the other sister.  They call the mountains Three Sisters.

 The picture on the left are stairs.  They are made of volcanic rock, and were quite bumpy walking on.  The pic on right is just a volcanic rock.
 That evening I volunteered Richard to cook dinner at our friend's house.  And I conclude this blog with a picture of Artie and Leinen, enjoying Kaylee's lap.  Ginny has a little cat at her house that Artie and Leinen respected.  This cat hisses.  They stayed out of her way!  In fact, Artie would retreat into a corner.  Absolutely no eye contact.  lol
Right after I published this I noticed the dogs weren't in the trailer.  Richard has them outside tied up.  Win Win!

Comments

  1. Good writeup and pics....

    Peakfinder, you'll find, is more accurate if you activate the camera function which shows what you're seeing with an overlay of the peaks in front of you....you then use your finger to drag to overlay to match what the camera is seeing....then you know for sure.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics, and that app sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great app, that peak finder. I will have to look if that's available for European peaks, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment