Needles, California


Here we are halfway into our time at Marina RV Park in Needles, California.  
Today is a rainy day.  It is in the fifties, even the dogs seem droopy.  They will be getting a special treat, Bully sticks, after their afternoon walk.
I have been quite lazy this month.  My days are taken up with puzzles on my phone-word and number puzzles, color by number on my iPad, books on my iPad, crocheting, washing dishes, and general chores.  I think I'll do my next post on my crocheting.  A few days ago we went out and about, here are the pictures.  First of all, one evening we went to a restaurant called the Wagon Wheel.  It started business in 1978, and has fame for being on Route 66.  Now according to Wikipedia, Route 66 had started declining in the 50's.  There was a surge of trying to save the history.  Even president Clinton came up with 10 million in matching funds to preserve portions of Rt. 66.  

The building for the Wagon Wheel restaurant was built in the early 50's as Lynn's Boiler.  There was a lot on the menu.  I had home make roast over mashed potatoes.  Very tasty.  Comfort food.
The white rectangle in the middle of the mural is a blocked window.  


 No idea of what Lee's Cafe was.  It really wasn't a diner until 1978....?????????
 We found Spike again!  This time Woodstock is there for a visit. 
These murals are on the same wall.  The wall is on the side of the museum.  


I thought this very attractive.  The bench looks to be just like a curb on the highway.  The sign has railroad art.  There are mountains.  There is a blue strip for the Colorado River, and I assume the board walk represents something, like the highway?????   




  


 This is a "tunnel" that is only one lane, 8 foot clearance, and interesting graffiti.  You can see a train on the bridge.



 mmmmmmm, Richard make chocolate chip cookies.  Artie and Leinen love to walk down to the river.  Yesterday was the first day that Artie really stepped into the river.  Leinen reacts to it like he reacted to the ocean.  He barks at it, and attacks it.


 Leinen digs at the water.  If there is something floating close by, like a feather, he grabs it.  He barks at the ducks.  I think he doesn't understand floating.  It makes no sense how those ducks can be ON the water instead of sinking down. 


 Well, with the wifi this blog got done quickly.  Time for lunch then walk the dogs.  I think I'll be crocheting and watching movies after that.  It's still up in the air for Richard going to the Hot Tub today.  NOT me!  lol. 


Comments

  1. I am enjoying your posts. Sounds like you are enjoying the winter in the lower states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was in AZ....you guys probably cross the border to get to the cheaper gas on the AZ side....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do! And to get groceries. But the Mexican bakery is on this side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Looks like a fun place for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment