More desert flowers, and other interesting things.

From  Here----Desert Palms or Desert Springs or Palm Springs, or Palm Desert, wherever......   The desert with Palm Trees.....



To here.  Orangeland RV Park in Orange, CA.  The orange blossoms are out, too.  mmmm. sniff, sniff

The ten or so days at the Thousand Trails Park was very good.  Dog walking- 5 star. Trees and grass- 5 star. Pool- 5 star. Hot Tub - 4 star.  Laundry 3.5 star. Site 4 star.  Activities  5 star.
I really liked having to use an app for the laundry, except I had to start at $25.00 on the app to use it.  Which means I have money left over.  Hopefully it will work next year.  It is a good idea if you are in the park full time.  So much better than going and getting $10.00 of quarters.  

 Here is basket #2.  This park had lots of activities including crafts, water volleyball, cards, and church!  You can see the cool bottom on the picture below.  The lady who lead this craft may be leading it again at the next Thousand Trails we go to!
Golf Cart Parking at the grocery store.  It is a pretty big and busy street this mall sits on, and I wondered how they got here.  Sidewalk?  Road?  
Below are more flowers that I found different than what I saw at Joshua Tree.  
 This is a desert sunflower
 This was new to me.  The 2D pictures don't give it justice.  It is called Spanish Needles.

Sand Verbena  Notice the sand everything is growing in.  These flowers are growing in a big field beside the RV park.  This desert is really made of sand!

I saw this at Joshua Tree, too.  A Desert Pincushion

More popcorn flowers, or white forget-me-nots, whatever you want to call them.

Below is the sunset, and a friend.  Still soooo many butterflies.






This is a Brown Eyed Evening Primrose.  I thought it cool to find it in a pink shade, too.


What kind of flower is this?

I took a few pictures while Richard was driving today.  
 Wind Turbines, Snow, Solar Panels, and Yellow Flowers.  Why did I capitalize all those words?  Richard said that when he came through here back in the 70's there was one turbine here.  And the blades were made of wood!
 The orange poppies are blooming a lot in other places, but this is what I saw today. 


This Coach is parked here in Orangeland.  Someone has some money.......

     We are going to be quite busy for the next week, then I'm up to Fairbanks for a wedding.  March Madness!  I don't know how quickly I'll get posts up.  I did get a fabulous E Bike.  I've been so busy riding it around, I haven't stopped for a picture!  See you all later......B






Comments

  1. Pretty good sunset colors in the sunset pic.....all you needed was the e-bike in the foreground...silhouetted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Can't do it here, way too urban. I'll do it next time I can. Sunset pictures might be Disney or Knott's Berry Farm for a few days.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You captured some great memories and activities. I’ve never been to a park that does crafts like that. I love the thought of learning some basket weaving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I agree on the orange blossom smell. Oohhh...🥰🥰 my neighbor had an orange tree and we would sit in it and pick the flowers apart and enjoy the smell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment