Let’s finish Big Bend!

   This should be my last installment on Big Bend.  Here is a picture of the very small RV park inside of Big Bend.  What you see is it.  Full hook-ups!  There is another smaller park a little down the road that has a lot of room between rigs, but no hook-ups.  The trail leads out of the corner of that park.  Anyway, you can see my blue Prius parked beside our coach.

This is supposed to be a great place for bird watching.  The start of the walk is a board walk.


Look close for fishies


This was the only bird I saw.  Can’t even tell what it is.




The rocks and walkways in this part of the country are vastly different from what I saw in Arizona.  The rocks have indentions and holes.  I see a lot of limestone now.


Anyone know what this little thing is with the red?


Rocks with lines and interest.



Flowers


The walk went around and up a small hill.


I would like to see the ocotillo plats in bloom


The Rio Grande and Mexico.


You can see the sand dunes for miles driving in Big Bend.  They are in Mexico.


The little Mexico town of Boquillas using my zoom.





At first I didn’t know why I took this picture.  Can you guess why without looking at the next pic?


According to my new bird ID app, this is a rock wren.  This is like the plant one where I can take a picture and the app will ID the bird from the picture.  I have also downloaded eBird, but I haven’t used it much.  I need to figure out how to post birds and their pictures after the fact, like a few days ago.  The reason the bird is in the corner of the above picture is because when I see a bird I take a quickie just to get it before it flies.  This little wren posed here long enough for me to snap it’s pic.




Trinkets for sale along the walk.


I really liked the cardinal walking stick.


Walking back through the RV park I found cardinals!



And successfully identified is this Pyrrhuloxia.  Ya Hoo!



This blog has taken a lot less time.  The Verizon down here (we are in Harlingen, the bottom tip of Texas) is incredible!  Getting pics downloaded just as fast as home!

Here are the critters all riding together.  
Thanks for reading.

Tomorrow the dogs and I all get haircuts!

Comments

Post a Comment