June 22-June 25. Chehalis, Snowbird Farm and Cidery, and my Nephew.



The trees at our campsite.  The above picture and the below picture were taken at the same place, with different settings on the camera.  In person they both look correct.



We took an afternoon to go visit friends, and their future.


The Edwards family bought this farm in a year ago-for their retirement.  Raeann retired this past spring from the school I worked in, University Park Elementary.  I apologize to Raeann that I didn’t get pictures of her.  I was so excited to hear their story and see animals, I forgot.  There are two types of amateur photographers.  Those who take pictures of scenery and animals and forget people, and those who take only pictures of people.   Those people would have a big picture of their children with a tiny zebra in the background.  I take the picture of scenery and color, but forget the people.

This is like a rose tree!


Here is the barn that they are restoring and turning into a cidery.
“Snowbird Farm and Cidery”


Renovating the inside.  I should have taken notes as she explained everything they are doing, required to do, and are having financial help because of what they are doing.


Inside the big arena.  The doors are so pretty.


Hello there!

Yup, got goats.




And chickens.




A donkey selfie.  There was a treat on my shoulder.


A miniature horse.


And a way cool tractor!


Inside Farm Kitty.


Awesome period stove.
If you look towards the back in the hall you’ll see some original wood from when the house was built.
I can’t wait to go back and see the improvements!  Taste the cider!


We said goodbye to our friends and headed down the road to find a seafood restaurant by Oceanshores Beach.  YUM.  Richard had fresh seafood in a tomato based sauce.  I had scallops.  The best I’ve ever had.


Very Yummy Scallops


We were on the beach for less than 5 minutes.  Richard didn’t even get this far.  Maybe he was afraid I wanted to go for a ride.  Well, I did. I always want to go for a ride.



These are ALL over Washington and Oregon.  All over.  Very thick.  I can’t wait until the berries are ripe!


One day we drove to Seattle to meet with my nephew, David Hogan.


He’s a message therapist.  He’s also brilliant.  David looks a lot like my dad.  


More pictures of the beauty of Chehalis.  The cleared area was our first spot. 


Optical illusion.  Is it a bump, or a crater?   I keep seeing a bump, but it really is a crater that our jacks made.




Green is my favorite color.  Add a blue sky.........Love it.


Next post will be of the Oregon coast.





Comments