Day Ten Forced Relaxation

A friend of mine gave me that title.
It seems that no one goes and checks this post out on a daily basis except for a select few, unless I tell my friends to check it out on my facebook page.  Maybe they don't have it bookmarked and just remember when I post because it is easier that way.
I woke up early again today because the RV repairman was coming over at 8:00 to check and see how we were doing.  He gave us a refrigerator magnet.  We now have 2.  I like to collect refrigerator magnets of places we've been.  I should probably go for key chains again.  I'm just rambling.  Forced relaxation.
The highlight of today was Richard trying to explain to me voltage, amps, watts, and how they all work with the trailer.  I don't remember it being covered in school.  My brain just doesn't get it!  I may have to find a child's science site to figure all this out.  He measures how much solar is stored and used on an app he has.  This green line when it is straight shows that there is volt charge, absorption and float.  I can't figure out what is being absorbed, and why it is at its highest, then when the green line dips it is at its peak at float.  Makes NO sense!  voltage times amps equals watts.  Why do you need to multiply?  This is how much power is coming in, this is how much we are using, I just want to know those answers!  Is there anyone else out there that gets this?
Richard cooked dinner with chicken thighs cooked in onions and carrots, plus quinoa on the side.  I had Stevia Ginger Root beer.

The dogs wanted some, too

Look at that sad face on Artie.  They got some quinoa because I don't want them ingesting onions.  

I was busy looking up if onions were toxic (which they are either cooked or raw) to dogs Richard finished before me and started washing dishes.

Let's talk a little about housekeeping in the RV.  With only 2 of us we don't dirty many dishes.  The only breakable things we eat off of are 2 Corelle plates.  The drink ware is either plastic or metal.  The silverware is plastic picnic ware.  We have 3 kitchen towels-one is a hand towel in the bathroom.  The only 2 appliances Richard brought were the induction burner---love it!  Cooking without heating the trailer, and the rice cooker.  We have the microwave and one glass microwave bowl.  Cleaning small places is a sinch!  If any of you have been in my house, you know I'm a messy.  This place is easy to keep the clutter picked up and put away.  I love my Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner.  It hangs nicely in the corner and vacuums with ease.  Anyone needing a new vacuum I would recommend this.  
We also have a great thing called Berkey that filters the water.  It came highly recommended from other RV users, and may be kept set up when we get back to Fairbanks.  
The dogs are happy campers.  They talk me into walking them a lot.  When we get to the fenced in dog yard I let them loose to run.  They don't.  Maybe I should get them a ball.
Oh, I thought while stuck here I would go ahead and get caught up on all the state mandated videos I'm supposed to watch for the school district and state.  Well, there was a note saying the site was down from now until July 10 when they'll put out the new lists of videos.  Oh well, at least I tried.
It gets really dark here early.  8:30.  Dark.  
More tomorrow!  Richard came by and laughed and said, "Obsessed"  He actually thinks it is cool I'm doing this.

Comments

  1. I'm one of your few loyal readers...even if I don't always comment. Forced relaxation can indeed be a good thing...and it sounds like from Richard's updates, they are starting to give you some feedback on the maladies of the truck... I too enjoy the simplicity of being in the RV, when we went to NM last Fall, I think I read 3 books because well, I had the time and didn't get distracted with household chores or mindless internet surfing. Thanks for the reminder on the mandated videos: I'm changing school districts so I need to go back and watch THEIR edition of mandatory reporting and universal precautions....Exciting stuff for sure! Keep blogging: You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. I've been studying up on essential oils also. I may order a few and have them sent toy our house if that's ok. I also left my fitbit in Fairbanks. I was going to have our house sitter mail it to my son in LA, but since we are bypassing that I'm having it sent to your house. If he remembers. Thanks for reading! I just got another book today.

      Delete
    2. By all means, yes, use our address as we will be seeing you rather soon...if June goes even half as fast as May flew by...YOWZA!

      Delete
  2. I too am a loyal reader. I like to read my blog list early morning or on my lunch break like I am now.

    One of the perks of living tiny is that everything has to have a place - makes it easy to keep clean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment