Desert Flowers taken at the south entrance to Joshua Tree National Park

I don't have much to say, just lots of pictures.  On this post I will be posting the names of the flowers and comments under the pictures.  



 Fields and fields of lupine. 

 This Lupine is a bluer color, I'm sorry I didn't get a good picture.  I think this one is called Mojave Lupine.  I was using my iPhone for the pictures.  It can take decent pictures on the Portrait mode, but in the bright sunshine it is hard to tell how in focus the picture is. 


This is a Brittlebrush bush.  It is the prominent yellow in the above pictures will yellow poppies.

Brown-Eyed Evening Primrose.  The primrose is very prominent growing like a weed in town.  I think it is pretty.   
 A Chia plant.  Does it make those chia seeds that goes on the chia pet, or the seeds that are popular to eat now?  I don't know.   This is a Chuparosa. 


 Since many flowers only bloom in the spring and this nature hike is year round, they only have plaques up talking about what you can see year round.  The names of all the flowers I have had to look up.  Except this one.  lol.  I didn't see humming birds here, but I have seen them many other places down here.  I have also seen TONS of butterflies.  There were butterflies here in this garden, and butterflies in JT park, and now butterfly guts on the truck. 

 This is also always there.............
These pictures were taken on the Bajada trail.  I looked up Bajada at Dictionary.com.    Bajada definition, an alluvial plain formed at the base of a mountain by the coalescing of several alluvial fans.  
Now my font has changed and I need to look up alluvial  
Alluvium definition, a deposit of sand, mud, etc., formed by flowing water.      Now that explains why the flowers are so prolific here, and not 3 miles away where our 5th wheel is.

 Desert Bluebell

Desert Dandelion
Desert Heron's Bill



Desert Star
Desert Bridget





 Purple Fremont Phacelia.  This other one is blurred and in the shade.  Is it Gilia, Phacelia, or Wild Heliotrope?    lol.


I loved this one, it is an Indigo Bush.  The flowers are teeny, and you could miss them
if you don't look close. 

Mojave Pin Cushion

There is an evil gremlin in my computer.  I can not add pictures here for some reason.  They just want to pop to the top. Starting blog 2 for the day.






Comments

Post a Comment