Snow Canyon, a Utah State Park

     One day the four of us (Tim, Richard, Alyssa, and me) went to Snow Canyon for a hike.  Time found it on Google when he was searching for an easy hike.  What a treasure this place is!  If Zion is way too crowded for you, come here!
     Let's start with a picture of our two Prius's.  Lots of trees, lots of parking.  Right to the right of this pic was the bathroom.  I really like the bathroom in our coach, but with 4 ppl living in it the camp bathroom was handy.


 The very short hike was called Jenny's Canyon.  Aout 1/10th of a mile.  But it had two interesting spots,
 As you can see the walkway was all sand.  Very hard to walk in.






 Look close at the picture on the right-in the middle are Richard and Tim.





We walked into this cool, temperature and awesomeness cool, canyon.  

 This view was taken from a little overlook to climb up to.  I didn't take pics of going up.
 I think this is kind of eerie.
Lots and lots of volcanic rock all over the park.


This was a little longer hike into where there were lava tubes.  I didn't make it that far, so I don't have pics of that.  


    I thought the cactus growing out of the lava was pretty interesting.

 Here we are enjoying the view outside of the visitor's center  Here's the view.  So relaxing
     One of my favorite apps when I'm out and about is the one called "Picture This"  I take a picture of the plant or tree, and the app tells me what it is.  This is a Desert Marigold
    This is a Wiggins' Cholla.  That's a cactus, by the way.   This is the end of Snow Canyon.  My next post will be on Zion National Park! 

Comments

  1. Glad I can come along on your meanderings 😘. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment