The Oaks Surprised Me Again.



Time to blog.  Time to blog about spring here in Texas.  I encourage everyone to get outside and look for spring.  Let’s see if I an use my knowledge of the 8 intelligences.  Mine main intelligence is music, with a close second to nature.
If yours is music, go outside and sit in a chair and listen to whatever makes you happy.  Practice your instrument outside.  That may be hard if you live in Fairbanks.  You could sing outside.
If yours is nature, go out and walk!  Take pictures.
If yours is intrapersonal, you probably are doing great.
If yours interpersonal, then set up a Zoom meeting.  Play a game via the internet.  
If yours is visual/spatial, go paint a spring picture.
If yours is linguistic/verbal, write a poem about spring.  Start a podcast
If yours is logical/mathematical, hmmmm.  Get a ham radio license.  Help someone start a podcast.
If yours is bodily/kinesthetic, go for a jog or bike ride.  Go skiing.  

Let’s now talk Meyers-Briggs, lol!
Back to my spring

The entrance to our Thousand Trails Park.   Richard’s picture was better because it doesn’t show the fence.  I wanted to show you the signs.  Seasonal Sites Available!

Here is the flower I’ve seen along the highways that look awesome when there is a multitude.  It is a Entireleaf Indian Paintbrush.


Another good looking sign at the front.  The paint is sadly peeling.



This one is a Virginia Springbeauty.  


Snakes and insects




I really love the shape of this tree.  I’ve been watching the leaves grow in the last few days.


Really cool leaves.  I was calling it a tulip tree because of the way the leaves are shaped


 They first open out like flower petals.



These are newly opened.  They are red, then turn green.  So pretty


Wait, whaaaat?  Is that an acorn cap on the branch?  What in the world?  Is this another oak tree?  Hurry, open the app..........Yes! This is a Blackjack Oak.  Sinister name.  



These pictures were all taken walking around our TT park.



Lots of ?.  Maybe irises?  Not a bud anywhere on these plants.


However, this person has a very nice display of pansies.  She told me she has had to adjust her flower planting schedule.  She plants these in the fall and enjoys them all winter.  Then soon they will die.



Pansies were my mother’s favorite flowers.  We gave her pansy plants every Mother’s Day.


Just a picture of a cul-du-sac in our park.  Lots of annuals in this section.  This is a big family section, lots of kids here.  Those are the kids they had to block from the playground equipment.  Sad.  It does seem like all of them have bikes, though.


Here is another bunch of possible flowering plants here.  If you notice in the middle there is a small bud.  I’ll be keeping my eyes on this.


Here is a nice display of irises.  I have noticed driving around that the wild irises here in Texas are white.  These are really pretty, but the people who reside here aren’t here.  Another annual lot where it seems the family might just come in the summer.  Maybe on weekends if the virus wasn’t keeping them home. We have annual lots on both sides of our rig.  Someone came to one and checked it out, then left.  A couple has arrived at the other one.  I believe they are there because a car is there, but we haven’t seen any bodies.  Oh, one night I saw him outside cooking on the grill.  Yesterday I was walking taking these pictures.  I saw a couple with 2 adorable doggies.  I told them I was sorry I couldn’t pet them.  The owners said the doggies were sorry, too, but not them.



So I realized inside this iris were 2 bugs.  


It is a leaf footed bug.  Thank you cousin Robert for helping me identify it.  I do now have an insect identifying app, however my pic wasn’t good enough to identify the bug.


This is the road to the cabins.  They are closed except for one where it looks like someone resides there permanently.  Most likely a employee.


I just thought this curvy branch looks very cool.  Artistic.


Just me not going into the woods where there are snakes.


Empty cabin.


I this this looked cool.  I thought it was a tree with leaves growing out of the trunk.  Well, using my app I found out it is a vine called a Virginia Creeper.  The mature fruit is like a grape, but please don’t eat it.  It is poisonous!


A step back away from flowers.  Texans are like Alaskans.  They are proud to be Texans, hang the flag everywhere, and have the flag on all kinds of decor.


This, my friends, is a red ant hill.  The dirt looks much redder in real life, not because of the ants, but because that is the color of the dirt here.  My good friend, Barb, poked a stick into one of these mounds.  Gross.  


This is not an ant mound.  I though it funny that I took a picture of this right after the ants.  There have been several people here having work done at their annual site.  One person in a cul-du-sac full of trees moved his rig, gazebo, stairs, tented storage across the street.  He looks like he is a full time resident here.  This spot doesn’t have a rig on it, but I did see a couple sitting inside their gazebo one day.  I wonder if they have a rig elsewhere here and they will be moving it soon.


This was a beautiful display of tulips two days ago.


This is a display along the road made by the park.


I played with my camera.



This one of the yellow tulips was made using the portrait mode on my iPhone.  The flowers look like they are floating.  I really like the portrait mode, except it doesn’t focus on the stems.


I also like experimenting with different angles.






I tried to make it look like the fish was about to swallow the tree.  I need a person for this.





This makes me sad.




Here is a family bicycling together.  Lots of people out walking, riding bicycles, riding their golf carts.  No one stopping to chat.  Most people are smiling.  I do ask people I pass how they are doing.



Our home.


Thanks for reading.  I’ll be trying to get pictures of birds next.God bless you all.  













T

Comments