Arizona.


   We made it to Casa Grande, Arizona.  The main reason for being here was to experience 108 degrees.  No, not really, but it was a bonus.  We are here to get the windshield gasket replaced, which happened yesterday.  
   We spent three nights in Bowie, AZ.  The RV park was small and undecorated. It was located behind a gas station and shop.  The shop sold pistachios, jersey, jams, honey, pecans, and all sorts of goodies that I always end up buying.  Love snacking as we travel.
   One piece of business very important was to get flea, tick, and heart worm medicine for the dogs.  If it was Fbks, I could just go to the vet and pick up the medicine because they know our pets.  However, when traveling you need to do a whole examination before getting the meds.  PetSmart businesses are known for having vets, but the towns I’ve been in lately don’t have vets right now.  
   This was a phenomenal place.  Their waiting room was quite small, but they had plenty of places outside to sit on a bench and wait.


The vet is a Christian and there is scripture everywhere.  I love these plates with trees.  


Cool painting behind the receptionist desk.


Resident kitty.  The vet was a woman, probably in her 40’s.  She was tan and muscular.  


They work on horses, too.  If we needed to come in the motor home, we could have parked in this area.


A mountain in the distance.


Sunset.


On the road again!


When we drove through here last January, Richard said this area was like a Star Trek back drop.


Blooming ocotillos!


Our current RV park.  So nice to have a dog run!  They haven’t been off leash for months.  This one is very big.  No more dried plant parts stuck in their fur!


The dog park is beside a cactus garden.  I finally see flowering cacti!  I’ve noticed, though, that there are different cacti here than what I’ve seen in the wild except for barrel and Saguaro.







Here is a picture of Leinen I took.  I’m leaving it in to show you a “before” picture.


Here is the after.  Another day of adventure for the boys.  They had a spa day.  I absolutely loved this place.  Instead of putting them in kennels where Leinen would usually scream, they roamed around free with other pups.  What a fun day they had!!!

Here’s the after.  

Here is the start of replacing the gasket around the windows.  It was around 100 degrees so I sat in the air conditioned car with the dogs.  It took them about 4 hours.  The cat was closed off in the back bedroom with her own air conditioner.


This company came well recommended, especially this particular person.  There was a younger assistant.  Notice the big sun hat and the long sleeves.  Right now he is taking off the old using a knife to cut it.


I was reading an missed them taking off the window!


Richard was sitting to the side the whole time.  They also repaired a few rock chips, and they cleaned the windows.  You can see the new gasket on the ground.


Taking off the second piece.  The assistant used suction cups to hold the window in place as the repairman continued removing the old.


And it’s off.


No windows.


Here they are putting it back on.  I had gone to Sonic when he was putting on the new gasket.  I’ve been to Sonic 4 times now.  The outside menu is great.  You can sit in your car to read it, not in a line holding people up.  You press the button when you are ready and order.  You pay right there where you are parked.  This was the first Sonic I’ve been to where the food was delivered by someone on roller skates.


I saw there were some clouds in the sky that could make for a pretty sunset.  A wall and a power plant were kind of in the way.


I walked up to the wall, which was 6” taller than me, held my arms up, and took this picture.


Here’s a fancier pic of the sunset.


And some “yard” art.

Tomorrow’s post will be more yard art, and lots more cactus flowers.
Thanks for reading!  I hope you enjoy my pictures.

Comments

  1. Very eventful!! I think the temp was great to make that gasket all flexible and gooey. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they were working from 10:30 to 4pm so maybe 5½ hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment