The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the pretty Nice!

   Yard art.  Something many people love to do down here in the Lower 48.  There is some in Fairbanks, too, but the yard art there is mostly real flowers.  In Texas I saw many houses that had fake deer in the yard.  I’ve never seen fake moose in any yards in Alaska.  If there was, we have a friend that would probably come and shoot it.  I have no opinions on yard deer.  But I do have opinions here.  Please, if you disagree, don’t yell at me.  Everybody has different tastes, but I think you’ll like some.  Enjoy!

The Bad.  Not ugly, but not my taste in art.  Bottles on a stick.  I’ve seen this many places around the US.  


Good.  Good because it has live flowers.  The plastic, faded poinsettias, not so good.


Good, but needs more.  I’ve seen people use the colored glass discs to imitate running water.  I like that.  But I would add more, like a fairy garden.


This is the pretty Nice.  I love the slabs of stone.  I would add some color, though.


I call this cute.  Lots of horseshoe decor around this park.  So, good


Good except the frog made out of flower pots painted green.  He’s on his back in the pic.


Lots going on here.  See the ceramic worm?  I have seen lots of them around the park.  There is a room for ceramics here.  Colored ceramics would be ok with me, but not of a worm.


This is pretty nice.  I like the butterfly.


This is the main office.  Using the cowboy theme, the banner says the Pony Express is in.


This is definitely on the very Nice list.  A real plant.  Lots of color on the pot.


This is some good, some bad.  The live plants are good, but I would rather have a metal cactus that is green, as you will see later.  


The ugly.  Out dated.  Sorry


This pic is too busy, but I like the metal bugs.  I wonder if the owl in the background really does its job.


I like this metal cactus Pretty nice.


Pretty Nice.


The ugly.  Faded plastic flowers.


I’m not a frog person.


And now, for something a little different.  The pretty nice, but bad we can’t use it.  Look at this indoor/outdoor pool!



The funny thing is, there is piped music playing all the time, even though no one is there.


Big, oval hot tub


The Bad


The pretty Nice.  I ended yesterday’s blog saying I hadn’t any yellow flowers in the post.  Here they are now!


This is a close up of a flower from the above Prickly Pear.


Notice the bottom of this cactus.  




How’s this, Dom?


Here’s another “river”. Good.  Maybe needs a few fake fish?


This is for my good friend, Kristina, who like to go to Fred Meyers and take pictures of useless items.  Is this a cow, dog, or Horse?  Made from putters.


I like this purple metal cactus with flowers.  I would put it with smaller rocks, then maybe a roadrunner in front.  


I think this person was busy at the ceramic room.  It isn’t what I’d do, but it is pleasant to look at.


This was a corner lot with a lot of pieces.  More golf art.


Ugly


I left a pretty Nice for last.  They also had a stained glass room.  I would love to make things there.


This is the real last.  I almost passed it up, but it really had Artie’s attention.  He kept stopping and looking.  Didn’t bark or growl, though.  Leinen is known to growl at fake calves.

This would be good, but these things fade.


All done with the yard art!  It will be awhile before I have time to do another flog.  By then we’ll be in a different climate, again.  Three-four days of heavy driving, then a month at the Pendleton KOA.  

See you there, thanks for looking at my pictures!







Comments

  1. Not too bad a sunset Bridget....lightroom would help enhance it but then you get accused of faking your shots so perhaps not an option.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment